HISTORY OF SEVEN HARBORS
SEVEN HARBORS - The name given to the subdivision - and by extension to the surrounding community - centered at the intersection of DUCK LAKE ROAD and Beaumont Street in Section 12. It was originally developed in the early 1900's as summer cottages on WHITE LAKE, most of which have been converted to or replaced by year-round homes. The name is descriptive of the various bays, inlets and man-made canals which afford the residents access to the lake.
Duck Lake was presumably named for an abundance of waterfowl. Note that the United States Geological Survey officially recognizes 161 different lakes with this name in the United States, including thirty in Michigan alone.